Red Flags or Growing Pains


It can be so confusing when to give up and when to persevere. Life is not black an white; is this process to help me grow?, will I be short-changing myself if I quit now?, is there a bigger purpose for my suffering or am I overthinking things and mistaking red flags for growing pains. 

How do we decipher red flags from growing pains in our relationships (not necessarily romantic). Some red flags are very obvious like abuse, addiction and criminal acts. You don't need the Holy Spirit here but what about those seemingly small grievances like pettiness (sp), self appointed critics, unfiltering (sp) lips/tongues, irritability, nagging, procrastination to name a few. When we identify these flaws in others what do we do. Before making harsh decisions stop and think, is this person here to teach me patience, tolerance, forgiveness, love, grace and so on hence they are for your growth in that particular time and space. So, if you quit in the middle of the storm you don't get to enjoy the stillness of the ocean when the storm is over. 





Red flags are things people choose to do, not things they have no control over. Anonymous
Hmmmm? You agree?






P.S
Its the month of love, show someone around you some love. XOXO





Comments

Popular Posts