So you want a Successful Marriage


Now I'm no expert in relationships much less of marriage. But as a believer in Christ I can't but relish in the fact that the Lord has written a manual to having a successful marriage. Isn't that just wonderful, I don't have to figure things out for myself because He's got it all figured out. Now this is not to say troubles won't come, because I mean life is complicated as is and things don't always work the way we expect it to. But if you go back to the manual you can always figure it out. 

I will also like to note here that these directions are to help build a solid foundation, like it says in His word "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do" Psalm 11:3. I cant help but be reminded of the story about the three little pigs who built three houses using different materials. I wont bore you with the story but you get the point, same applies here. Without further ado the rules/direction/plan, whatever you want to call it are as follows:

He took Adam’s rib and made woman.
– A wife is a gift from God. Man, she was created from you for you.
Wives submit to your husbands. 
He submits to God, you submit to him. God left Adam in charge, woman!!!
Man leaves his father and mother and shall cleave unto his wife.
 I will never understand why more men do not take the title of “Husband” more personally. There is no greater title for a man to have. Not president, not rapper, not actor, not football player, not doctor, not attorney, etc.
Wives respect your husbands. Point Blank Period!!!!!!!
– Every day I talk to more and more women who intentionally disrespect their husbands. I hereby cancel the “Women’s Independence Movement.” Women, instead of saying, “I am an Independent Woman,” start saying that, “I want a Dependable Man.” 
He who finds a wife, finds a good thing. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Too many men don’t understand the value of a good woman. President Obama is Presidential with or without Michelle but I promise you that he would not be the President without her. Shoot I need my wife too! Hey Boo!
The serpent said to the woman, “Go ahead on and eat the fruit.”
The serpent has many forms. Could be Momma, could be Sister, the serpent could be your best friend that wants your husband.
So to everyone who wants a successful marriage in this perilous times.........you are welcome :). 

P.S I did not come up with this list, so don't bite me. But I agree with it wholeheartedly. Take that!!!! lol

List Source: praisehoustom.hellobeautiful.com

Comments

Popular Posts