Adventures in Mexico

So I've been here only 3 hours and a few things have happened. At first I thought I've got this thing, some trickster at the airport tried to get me to take a shuttle for 160 pesos and I gladly and knowledgeably turned him down. I was feeling myself until I got on the bus headed to my destination (or so I thought) and realized that I've been duped of 1000 pesos. I was shocked at first, no way!! I'm too smart for that!!!! I recounted my money several times and same thing 1000 pesos short. You know that moment when u start looking for a car inside gutter and under a wrapper of pure water on the street.......yea I had one of those. So I did the conversion rate quickly and that's $60......chei e de pain mehn......mo gba foloun.

My second mini heart attack came when I could not find my passport......gbese!!!!!??! How will I do that one? Who will I tell??? I ransacked my bag and to God be the glory it was in there. So I breathe a heavy sigh of relieve and relaxed.
Remember the bus headed to my destination, my gawd!!!!!!. We got to the final destination quite alright only to use google map to see how many minutes the taxi ride will be and for it to tell me I'm an hr away.  1hour!!!!! how come!?!?!?? Is this Israelite journey abi what? So I call my host and he said ooh I must have gotten on the wrong bus. I was like ehn say what!?!?!? How!?!? I showed some guy my ticket at boarding and he said go in so how is this the wrong bus. I started to walk over to the ticket place at this new bus station, at this point tears were welling up in my eyes. I can't take this mehn, what if they say I should pay again for a new ticket, another 64 pesos.......I can't mehn not after the 1000 pesos fiasco. The Lord being on my side the gentlemen were helpful and understanding and let me on the next bus to Cancun. Omo mehn now its another hour ride but this time I'm going in the right direction. What a first day in Mexico!!!


N.B
I'm putting up a brave face but I'm low key scared. Who sent me message? Y didn't I take someone's offer to come with me? Who said I could go to another country on my own???? Jesu!!!!! Hep your dawra.!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts