I stopped waiting for my Boaz!!

I saw a clip of of a relationship advice and the man said Rachel waited for her Boaz. Boaz was a handsome man, rich man, spiritual man, a sensitive man and that equals a husband to which the audience cheered but I was like uhhh wait a min. Now this isn't the first time I've heard the mantra, I believe it spread like rapid fire after a lady did a music video about it (hilarious video you should search YouTube for it). Since then it has become the ringtone for single christian ladies in waiting (step aside Beyonce........not that we listen to you anyway lol) and every time I hear it I cringe. 

This type of teaching keeps christian women single till their late 30s, 40s 50s because they are waiting for "Boaz". If you really read the entire story of Rachel and the Boaz situation I bet you can conclude its not just as simple as "she waited for him" but I digress. The particular list above is the bane of my contention right now because it connotes that a woman should wait for the perfect man, you might disagree but I promise you that is what most young women hear. 

Now the characteristics I agree with on his list are spiritual (I'll be very careful with this term too, spirituality these days is meeehh) and sensitive, the other two should not be on the list or at least should not be deal breakers. I am not saying don't want a rich and handsome man (who no want better thing) but don't ignore your Davids and Samuels either so you don't end up being bitter and single in your 40s and 50s because you are still "waiting for your Boaz". 

So yea let's retire the "waiting for your Boaz" mantra, e don do. My fellow ladies in waiting, wait on the will of God for you and ask Him to open your eyes to whom He is sending to you so you don't miss him.

Comments

Popular Posts