"A Strong Woman"



Where does your strength lie? 
In your legs as you flee the scene
In your heart, as you pick the shattered pieces 
Remolding it, piece by piece breathing life back into yourself.


I read a comment in regards to Beys Lemonade and the speculation of infidelity, the comment read (paraphrasing) "blah blah blah ....a strong woman would have left". This puzzled me for a split second because I think it is total bullocks. A Yoruba proverb says Ibi lile latin b'omo okunrin loosely translated into in tough situations is where you meet a man and can attest to his strength. When the going gets tough the tough gets going not run away/leave/quit. We have become spineless quitters conditioned to run rather than face our demons. We need to go back and ask our mothers and grandmothers how they made it work maybe we can learn a thing or two.

Back to infidelity crises, I will never leave my husband for infidelity. This is not a decision made lightly, it has been thoroughly thought through and I still come back to the same conclusion "till death do us part" are not mere words. Keep in mind I said husband not boyfriend, and even a boyfriend will show continuous streak of infidelity before I hit the road. When choosing a mate please do your due diligence and know who you are getting involved with, love with your brain not your heart!!. There will wolves in sheep clothing no doubt (the Lord better be on your side when you encounter such) but for the most part we can save ourselves a trip to CVS with a dose of patience. 

Back to the point I hope I didn't veer off too much sha...lol, a woman who is ready to pack her bags and leave as a result of infidelity is not my idea of a strong woman. A strong woman gets pissed off, cries, regroups, gets help, forgives and works on rebuilding her marriage and home. Look for the story on the other half of Mary Mary and her husband, now that's real strength!!!!! 

*Sips Lemonade* 

Comments

Popular Posts