Heart Break Hotel 2

Prisoner of Love

I pry my
        eyes open this morning......and
        there it was, another note
 'Morning love, I'm so sorry about yesterday
        I don't know what came over me
        It'll never happen again. I promise
        Here's my card, treat yourself today.

                                                         Love Dare '

 I remember
        I remember when his words gave me butterflies
        His voice could turn my stormy days into bright sunny ones
        I remember when his touch made my knees buckle
        Those hands promised to love me, to carry me, to nurture me
        Those hands promised to lift me up

 He was my morning sun, my reason to live.
        My knight in shining armor
       Now his words give me knots in the pit of my stomach
        His voice rages like thunderstorms
        His touch, his fists brings me crashing down like the twin towers.
        His hands have become thorns, a hammer, breaking me at every
        chance.
        He has become my worst nightmare, the torn in my flesh.
       

        Love is patience, love is enduring, love is loooooong 
suffering
That's what the Pastor said the day we vowed 'till death do us part'

     
     All these things they told me love is, they left out one
All the blissfulness of love, all the butterflies, all the fuzzy feelings
All the fairy tales, all the sunshine rainbows
These feelings gave me wings and made me fly higher
...and Higher,....... and higher.... until......... we said 'till death do us part'  

Oh I really was blind, blinded by the promises of love
Welcome back reality, my long-lost friend
    
Ile oko
        Ile eko ni
        'Your husbands house is a place of learning'

        And oh have I learned
         I have learned to cover up my scars
  Learned to smile through the pain
  Learned how to curl up just right when his fists travel to my
        body
        Learned the right words to say to make him stop (at least
        sometimes)

        I have learned
Learned to be
        a prisoner of love....

                                                                                                                S.L

Comments

Popular Posts