Adventures in Mexico Part Dos


So remember the fiasco about the money......*covers face* my bad. I counted it wrong, I was counting 200 pesos as 20's so you can see the confusion. Anyhoo that was yesterday. Today is a brand new day and it started out with high hopes and expectations.

My auto alarm body woke me up at 6:30am (like really, didn't you get the memo........we are on vacation). No problem sha, I didn't get up till almost 9am. Ready to take a shower it dawned on me that hot water might be an issue. Why you say, you see I wanted to experience Cancun as a local not a tourist, so I used Airbnb to book a little studio apartment in Downtown Cancun and it turned out to be a cute magical space. So as I always do I let the water run for a few minutes and luckily hot water trickled out. Yes trickled because water pressure was emmm yeeea, a hose would have been better. But I'll take trickling hot water over gushing cold water. After all that fiasco I was ready to go, armed with my smart phone and the map my host Walter left me I stormed the city of Cancun. The bus ride to Hotel Zone (that's where everything is located) was a breeze.

 First stop was Museo Maya and it was splendid. They had an archaeological site which made the experience amazing. The place had been preserved so well, I swear you'll forget that you are in a modern city. It was great to read about the Mayans and see a bit of how they lived. 
The Pyramid

 Next stop was the beach but before I made my way there I was stopped by a gentleman as I crossed the street. He was very nice and helpful, through him I booked a trip to Isla Mujeres-Island of the Woman which is a beautiful breathtaking Island I had planned as my third day event anyhoo (I'll gist y'all about that tomorrow). And the all inclusive trip which includes snorkeling, lunch, private beach and plenty to drink was $49. I had seen it online for $89 so I jumped at this price mehn.

Next before the beach was lunch......this is where adventure started. So the same guy says ooh there's this great place for authentic Mayans food, you'll love it. I said ok now let's go, we get there I order and it started out great. The chips and salsa could have been the meal alone and I would be satisfied, I don't think I can ever eat chips and salsa in Houston again cos babay what we eat can't compare. Then my appetizer came......it looked good and the taste wasn't bad......when I put the sauce on it otherwise it was bland. Then the main meal came, what I ordered was the From the sea menus and it said Mexican fish and sauce. So as a Nigerian, Houstonian and just a human being I expected a whole grilled fish with sauce in some mezicany way sha. To my surprise and utter Idk what sef I got something that looked like uncooked chopped fish bits with diced tomatoes, onions and avocado on top.......wait wait and a side of crackers. I was shocked!!!!! Is this the sauce? Is the fish coming??? I was sitting here asking myself, so I go in to tasted n omg!!!!!!! I swear this thing was cooked and served with sea water. I wanted to die!!! Ki re, so I called the waiter and asked emmmm is this what I ordered and he said yes.....hmmmm ok o. I tried to eat it again but omo mehn I said mnba......I will get food poisoning if I keep eating this. So I went back to my trusted chips and salsa. Thanks God they didn't charge me for the fish sauce sha.....I was ready to pay though, its not their fault I was trying to be exotic when my taste buds were still somewhat local.


My Fish Sauce Meal........lol
Now off to the beach, the Ijebu in me decided to walk because ehn on the way to the museum I saw the beach and it didn't seem far. Oooh was I wrong, I waka sote I almost kpeme. But I said Mide you have started this you will end it and that I did. The beach was beautiful and peaceful, the color of the water...........my gawd!!!! I found a place to off load myself sha n I rested for a little bit. After my rest I headed for the water, once I entered all my worries disappeared. I had spotted this emmm buff, macho, wolf looking like man (imagine the wolf-boy in Twilight movie all grown up). I made fun of him (in my head of cos) at first but no lie he was a good looking man, 12 packs and all. Anyhoo so first attempt at the water I had on my bikini top and my skirt cos I was being shy, but after water and sand showed my pepper ehn I went and removed the skirt fast and my shades too because I didn't want it to get lost inside water. So ase bobo had spotted me too, when I got back in the water his first comment was 'where are your blue shades?'.....ghen ghen. I smiled and responded 'oh I went to keep them because I didn't want to loose them in the water'. So turns out wolf man was a body builder and I tell you, it was evident!!!!!. We kept talking sha from one topic to another and I realized wolf man was starting to feel comfortable, hmmm my spidey senses were on high alert.
Beach Day!!!!!!!
He was starting to have some of those 'loosen up' 'do something you wouldn't do' speeches and sharp babe like me can spot danger from a mile away. I would smile sheepishly and turn down the advances, he proceeds to splash water on me, tell me my perfume smells good and all this little cutesy stuff like this was some Hollywood movie. I'm my head I'm like bobo yi o serious at all, as I started finding ways to end conversation na and he was bringing more up and he proceeds to touch my belly button as he was making comments about piercings and tattoos. Haaaa my market we dem never pay for........I was like o pari, darris it, I'm outta here. But I gatta make it smooth exit sha so once he took a dive in the water I fere ge (ran for it) but as Idk who would have it he found me laying down on my beach towel. Long story short sha he gave me his number, thank God he didn't ask for mine.........mo ti bo lowo won, I haff escape this one.
Wolf Man 😍 😍
While I was laying down this couple came and said 'ooh can we take a picture with you'?.......I was surprised, me!?!? Do I look like a celeb??? Do they think I'm Tyra Banks or Kerry Washington . But I just hushed my mouth, smiled and took the picture. Same thing happened when I went to the shopping plaza..........I'm feeling like a celebrity and I like it.

Comments

Popular Posts