Adventures in Mexico: Part 3 and Final.

Great Blue Ocean
So today was the trip to Isla Mujeres and it was breathtaking. I'm so glad I did the booked trip and didn't wander off to the Island on my own. You know as a solo traveler you tend to stand out like a sore thumb for some reason. So I was noticeable.....aside from the fact that I was the only black girl on the boat. Anyhoo, being by myself brought some attention and some friends. I met three women who were also on vacation, Karen quickly introduced me to everyone and they adopted me as their travel buddy. I also met a couple from Australia and the Netherlands, a couple from England, a girl and her grandma, a group of friends from Oklahoma and a biracial couple from Alaska.

First activity of the boat was snorkeling....... Now I don't know how to swim. I can walk in a 2-5ft pool with no problem but I wanted to be a dare devil. Nonetheless I told the boat crew that I can't swim o just so they know and can assign someone to me. Anyhoo we get our snorkeling gear, they give us instructions and off into the ocean we went. I gently make my way to the edge of the boat and slide off..........Jesu!!!!!!! I'm finished....... Before I slid in the water one of the guys already in the water came close to me with a floater so I could hold on to it as I got into the eater and get a feel of if I want to continue. Continue....what ehn ehn ehn get me out of here quick. I was done......... But not before I took a picture.....Anyhoo back to panicking. So the guy tells me to float to the other side and hold on to a rope.......A ROPE.......while I'm fighting for my life. I sha listened (like I had a choice), I flapped/floated my way to the other side of the boat and held the roap while he took of my flippers. Tell me why this man was taking forever to take the d**** thing off!?!?!? And as he was struggling with it, I was struggling to hold on to this rope and the boat. You know when they say your life flashed before your eyes......na lie!!!! All thought left me, my mind was blank, I just needed to get back on the boat. I wasn't the only one o, remember the biracial couple I said I met...Yea the boyfriend was black and you guessed right, he couldn't swim either. He did as I did, entered the ocean and fled for his life. Out of a group of about 25 on the boat only 6 of us didn't go snorkeling so I wasnt alone.  As the others battled the ocean in search of fishes and what God knows what (salty much....lol) the rest of us had a party on the boat. It was open bar on the boat too, did someone say magaritas!!!!! You betcha!!!!!!!!
After snorkeling we had lunch on the Island and played in the ocean again......this time where my foot could touch the ground. The water felt and looked amazing!!!!!!! As we left there was an activity to swim with a shark and I said I must do this one o!!!!!!! Ooh the shark was toothless by the way hehehehehe. I asked the guy se bros I fi stand inside this water because I can't swim o and he said ooh yea, which was also chorused by the other black dude from earlier. All while on the island I was with Karren and her friends, so we chatted while we ate. So naturally as we headed back she was with me and encouraged me to get in with the shark too and I'm glad she did. It was a beautiful moment!!!!! and she caught it all on camera. The guy made the shark spit water on me which made for a funny picture.

Shark spitting on me

Next stop was the downtown area of the Island, it was like a little city where everyone knows everyone. Tiny roads, tiny shops and the ocean......oh what a sight to behold. Without words my adopted travel buddies and I had decided to go out separate ways and explore this little city but Karen and I kept meeting each other. The third time we did we both decided we had enough walking around n was ready to go back to land but the boat wasn't ready. So we just walked and talked for a bit then got more drinks. Oh I didn't mention my tour came with an open bar......ooh and it was open alright, never ending supply of liquor. So through conversation I learnt a lot about Karen and her friends and I say mehn white people know how to live and enjoy their life.



Simplicity


Surfer boy, street life
Till we meet again.
This is already another long post so I'll end it here and say this, people in general are nice, looking for a connection and just want to be the best version of themselves. Secondly, never be afraid to stand out like a sore thumb because you never know what you might be missing out on. Lastly, life is full of adventures don't sit on the shore always. Jump into the deep end once in a while you never know what you'll come up with. And with this I say Asta lavista Cancun, you have made an impression on me.



P.S
Where will my next adventure be?????

Comments

Popular Posts